Clearly I need to be bringing more turrets to the table and I am so on it.
Not today, however. Or, tomorrow.
Actually the whole week is out for turrets, I'm afraid.
Tomorrow I board a plane at 6am. Destination: beach.
With any luck I will have some photographs to share, but in case I don't-- here's some of what I would've posted on Friday for top 10 had I been thinking to do such a thing, which I wasn't-- but Tuesday could use some good loving, don't you think?
TGIT, kids-- t.g.i.t.
2. history of a great company
3. Chase Jarvis: 10 Things Every Creative Person (That’s YOU) Must Learn
4. "Service rests on the basic premise that the nature of life is sacred, that life is a holy mystery which has an unknown purpose. When we serve, we know that we belong to life and to that purpose. Fundamentally, helping, fixing and service are ways of seeing life. When you help you see life as weak, when you fix, you see life as broken. When you serve, you see life as whole. From the perspective of service, we are all connected: All suffering is like my suffering and all joy is like my joy. The impulse to serve emerges naturally and inevitably from this way of seeing." (Link takes you to the full essay, In the Service of Life by Rachel Naomi Remen via Andrea)
So yeah, I still lust after crazy gorgeous knitting and am in awe of the beautiful stuff people create, Gudrun (most especially) and YES-- my HAT. IS. DONE. with a bit of emergency finishing by the fabulous Jen Elliot (Forrest's mom) and I have cast on a second hat, people-- I have CAST ON. Both my finished hat and the one on the needles are coming with me to OBX so chances are they may get some time in front of the camera-- oh the excitement-- I know, I know! I can FEEL your excitement from here . .
6. Why do I knit, you may wonder?
Because some day-- SOME DAY -- I will knit a pair of these:
And then? I will spontaneously burst into flames of happiness, die and be buried in them, red shoes and all.
7. autumn walk no. 5 (breathtaking, from Shari Altman)
8. um, yes please
9. a glimpse of Melin Tregwynt Mill (via Ill Seen, Ill Said)
10. my dogs, I miss them